Staffing & The Key Person System
At Dolphins Preschool we operate a key person system. This means when your child starts with us the member of staff they feel more comfortable with will become their key person. Your child's key person will be the person who liases with you to make sure that what we provide is right for your child's particular needs and interests. When your child first starts at the setting, she will help your child to settle and throughout your child's time at the setting, she will help your child to benefit from the setting's activities.
Simple records of the child's development are kept by the child's key person. These are designed to track their progress and give an overview of their development. The parents can access these records by arranging a mutually convenient appointment with the key person.
At Dolphins Preschool we maintain the ratio of adults to children as set out in the EYFS which enables us to:
- Give time and attention to each child
- Talk with the children about their interests and activities
- Help children to experience and benefit from the activities we provide
- Allow the children to explore and be adventurous safely
A little about the staff at Dolphins Preschool
- Karen - Foundation Degree Early Years Studies, currently studying EYP and BA.
- Sammy - NVQ 3
- Joanne - NVQ 2, Currently Studying NVQ 3
- Laura - NVQ 2, Currently Studying NVQ 3
- Leonie - NVQ 2
All staff are CRB checked and several members of staff are qualified first aiders.